1. Understand your business needs and wants: When you’re starting a company it can be hard to know all of the services and tools that you may require upon start up.
It is important for you to identify what makes sense for your business right now and what should be considered for future plans.
2. Define your budget: Just like any other service, digital marketing solutions can be tailored towards your budget. It is helpful to understand your budget and expectations up front to ensure we can align with your company goals and KPI’s.
3. Define your timeframe: Understanding the timeframe that you have to work with will also help narrow down the list of potential agencies. For example, if you are planning to scale quickly, it will make sense to look for an agency that has expertise working with fast-growth companies and can be agile in its response.
4. Ask yourself what you need help with? You may not have all of the answers to this question right now, but figuring out your current digital marketing skill level will help with determining which agencies to contact and how much time you will need to spend with them.
5. What is your main objective: It may be better for larger businesses to seek out a long-term digital marketing partner, whereas smaller businesses may just want some one-time assistance with strategy or implementation of a particular project or campaign.